“The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;”
—Clement Clark Moore
Stockings may be hung by your chimney in anxious anticipation of Santa’s arrival, but your chimney is also an attractive home entry point for unwanted animal guests. If you hear scratching, squeaking or flapping noises around your fireplace, it’s likely that your chimney may have attracted one of the following wild animals:
- Birds: Birds love to nest inside chimneys due to warm house air rising into the flue and for protection from predators.
- Bats: Bats love dark places like chimneys and they can easily gain access spaces as small as a half-inch in the brickwork or through connecting materials.
- Squirrels: Squirrels are well-known for finding their way into attics, crawl spaces, walls, and chimneys.
- Raccoons: Female raccoons may enter your open chimney to birth their young and create a nest.
- Rodents: Rodents can gain access to your home and chimney through surprisingly small holes.
Don’t Attempt Removal Yourself!
Don’t try to remove the offending animal from your chimney yourself or attempt to “smoke it out.” While your immediate response may be to trap or kill the intruder, it is important to remember: the animal was simply looking for protection from the elements, some animals are protected by law, and killing the animal will not provide a long-term solution to your problem.
The Wild Trappers Process
The state certified professionals at Wild Trappers will identify the species causing your problems and inspect all interior and exterior areas of your property for potential entry points and problem areas. We will then work with you to develop a safe and cost-effective plan to trap and remove the wildlife from your property through humane strategies. After removal, we will repair any damage, clean-up droppings and nesting materials, and prevent future animal infestations by eliminating all entry points.
Partner with the Licensed Professionals at Wild Trappers
Let the licensed professionals at Wild Trappers inspect your property, specifically identify your problem, and offer you the most effective solution. Our extensive knowledge, expert customer service, and our environmentally sound and humane animal removal techniques make us the best choice for all your animal trapping and removal services. Call the state certified trappers at Wild Trappers at 770-828-9622, request a FREE estimate, or email us for more information today!